-->

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Act 4; Scene 27: Some Crazy Awesome Things We've Done This Week

1. I went to Hobby Lobby one day (for my musical theater class's supplies) and ended up coming home with materials to make this:



2. Tuesday I went crazy in the kitchen. Have you read The Scorpio Races? If you haven't you should. And then you should make these November cakes, like I did for book group. They were delicious! But took all day.


3. On Tuesday I also decided to be awesome and make cauliflower crust pizza. Another attempt to get all of my vegetable servings in. Can you believe that is just cauliflower making up that dough? Pretty tasty, I must say, (as you can see from most of it being gone in that picture--I forgot to take a picture until after we had eaten!) but a bit time consuming.


4. We've been looking into an entertainment center for a while now, and wanted to take advantage of some President's Day sales. In my research, I decided to take a look on KSL classifieds. On of course the busiest day of the week (no car at home, helping with scouts, ward dinner night), and found the PERFECT entertainment center. I went a bit crazy and reserved a U-Haul and sent Robert and my Dad to go get it between work (5:30) and ward dinner (6:30). Did I mention it was about 20 miles away? But it was TOTALLY worth it. Isn't is beautiful? It will be more beautiful when it is cleaned and decorated. 


5. On Thursday night (after a we-won't-get-the-car-back-today melt down; a what?-this-has-to-chill-for-an-hour?!! melt down; and an we-don't-have-enough-powdered-sugar meltdown (but actually...we did), Robert and I made these lovely truffles for Valentine's Day:




6. On Friday I took both Tommy and William (boy I babysit--same age as Thomas) to the Dinosaur Museum with two of my friends and their boys (similar ages). And there was a field trip there. Like, 120 9 year olds running through the museum. It was hard enough to have two 19 month old kids to keep track of, but keeping track of them along with the two other boys (their mom's are both pregnant and not feeling so great) in a hoard of crazy Valentine/field trip high 9 year olds is C.R.A.Z.Y. Needless to say, this Waffle Love was much needed after the museum trip! Us with William (hiding his head behind Annie) and his Mom, Annie. Glamorous picture, I know. But our only souvenir from the day!


7. On Valentine's Evening we baked heart-shaped pizza (which sadly isn't that heart shaped. Can you even tell it's a heart? I mean seriously, Papa Murphy's, I could have done better than that!) and I cut up some sort-of heart shaped carrots.


Then we decided to ditch our plans of going to Rocky Mtn Chocolate Factory for dessert and just stay home (crazy field trip infested day, remember?). We spent about a half hour on the floor wrestling with Tommy. And you know what? That was the best end to any day. Rough housing with my two Valentine's was the perfect way to spend the holiday.


Hope you had a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment