-->

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Act 4; Scene 41: On Healing Kisses

About a week ago, I was feeling awfully sick. It’s hard to feel sick when you have an active, needy, almost-two-year-old hanging around all day.

Occasionally I would let out a little whimper or moan or something, and Tommy would look at me with his eyes wide, and run over and give me a hug and a kiss. This was a big surprise for me. I mean, I always kiss his owies better, but I’ve never seen him figure something out like that and decide to take his own action. He registered a pained sound, and realized he needed to give me kisses.

AND it didn’t matter what he was doing. If he was into a fun game, or coloring, or eating, or anything—he would drop everything like that and run to give me a kiss. In fact, he was adamant about getting the kiss administered right away.

I might have let out a few more moans and whimpers than was absolutely necessary.

I really enjoyed seeing this act of charity from my little guy. It reminded me how important it is to put people first (over whatever it is you are caught up in doing). And by putting them first, I mean right away in the moment of need.
 
I don’t think there are any actual medical remedies from toddler kisses, but they sure made me feel better.

And this series of pictures just makes me laugh. He's fixing his truck....in his jammies...with his donkey toy from the nativity set. Go figure!




No comments:

Post a Comment