-->

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Act 6; Scene 10: Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!!!

Only a day late. It's still a new year :-)

Once again, it's time to reflect on last year's resolutions and start some new ones. 

We started out the year well with food storage and emergency preparedness. We now have 5 big buckets of water stored, water purification, buckets of oats, flour, and sugar; a full fledged 72 hour kit for all of us. And I bought a few food storage items for the pantry...which I think we've already gone through. Except the tuna. :-) And  was just typing how the second half of the year was sadly lacking in a conscientious food storage effort, but then I remembered....canning! This is the first year I attempted canning and bought all of the equipment! We canned a whole bunch of pickles and salsa and a few peaches. That's a good start, right? 

Our family goal for this year is:

1. Attend the temple twice a month.

Does that goal sound familiar?? After having Scarlet this past year, we just couldn't/didn't keep up our twice a month attendance. We loved doing that so much the past year, we decided to make it our goal again. So on to 2016 temple attendance!

For my personal goals, I was able to run a 5k by spring! Tommy and I actually ran TWO 5ks together! I think I have done better at being patient, as well. That is a constant struggle! We have definitely done better at having more meaningful, planned family home evenings. We have not been perfect, but I have noticed a huge difference in our effort at FHE and the blessings from that. 

This year, my personal goals are:

1. Not say "bad words" out loud, under my breath, or in my head. I don't mean swear words, although very occasionally I have thought those in my head, but never out loud (thankfully!). But there are words that mean pretty much the same thing, or are vulgar, or sound angry. I definitely don't want words to be my anger outlet, or my kids'
2. Do the 10 pound challenge with Melanie Douglass. This starts on Monday! I don't want to lose 10 pounds, but maybe a few. And I would love to gain some muscle!
3. Be in a play this year. It's time. I want to. And I will find some place that will take me!

That's it for now. I'd better keep it simple so I can focus and actually accomplish these. 

What are your New Year Resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment