-->

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Act 4; Scene 24: Peanut Butter Playdough

I decided to be like my sister-in-law today.

She always has so many fun crafts and projects for her kids to do. It's pretty amazing. And I feel pretty amazing that I tried one today! Thomas has really been enjoying the texture of things lately, and I thought he would love play dough. But I also knew that inevitably (like crayons, pencils, paper, glue sticks...anything) he would try to eat it. So of course--edible peanut butter play dough!

Here's the recipe:

1 18 oz jar peanut butter
6 Tbs honey
about 1 cup of powdered milk

Just keep adding milk until the dough is workable with your fingers. If you want to save it, keep it in an air tight container.

I did about half of this, which was PLENTY for us.

One of Tommy's favorite parts was helping me make it!

Getting ready to mix the dough. Don't mind Tommy's favorite toy, the rice cooker, on the floor...

This was a hard one to mix...

Our creations!

When I said "Put your head down there and smile!"  

This was a fun project! Probably more fun for kids a little older, or maybe just different from Thomas? Once he figured out he could eat it, he just shoveled it in. I would hand him some and try to show him how to make it into a snake or a ball, and he would yank it out of my hands and shove it into his mouth. I did get him to place a few raisins and nuts on his piece. And then he proceeded to de-raisin and nut everything and shove the dough in his mouth.

Well, it was a very fun and entertaining snack time, at least!

Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment