-->

Monday, April 9, 2012

Act 2; Scene 37: Spring Craftiness + Easter + Sweet Tooth =

I saw these on Pinterest and decided I wanted to try them out for an Easter treat. They turned out great!



Easter bird nests--and all edible!

If you want to try it, here's what you need:

2 cans La Choy chow mein noodles
1 bag large marshmallows
2 Tb butter
(I added some coconut that I dyed green as well)
Cadbury mini eggs
Peeps

Here's what you do:

Melt the butter, then add the marshmallows and melt them, just like rice crispy treats. Then mix in the noodles and the coconut. Before they cool too much, start shaping them into nests, and place them on a tray lined with wax paper. Make sure to have some cooking spray or butter to put on your hands--I literally had to spray my hands almost every nest that I shaped to keep it from all sticking and becoming a mess on my fingers. After they're shaped, stick on a peep and some eggs, then let cool completely. And there you have it!

I gave some out to a few neighbors like this:


A tasty, darling Easter treat!

2 comments:

  1. these are uber cute! Look at you and your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Let's face it - Pinterest is just too fun.

    ReplyDelete