1. This weekend marks my 4th week being a student teacher. Only 9 more weeks. Is it bad that I'm counting down?
2. Some of the students came to see our remounted production of Stage Door. I watched them through a tiny nail hole in the set from backstage. One of them looked rather bored. But the next day all of them came up to us, gushing about how good it was. Now we're legit. That's right. :-)
3. The Packers are winning the Super Bowl (at least for the moment), and I thought the Steelers were going to win. Go Packers!
4. Yesterday I made delicious cupcakes. And I mean delicious! I am getting good at perfecting cupcakes from a box :-) And today I made delicious, and I mean delicious, biscuits! They were golden brown and soft and fluffy and perfect! YES! ...I suppose I should mention that Robert made the chicken salad and slaved over the home-made chili to go with the cupcakes yesterday and the biscuits today...
5. This week I burst out crying in front of my mentor teacher at school. Lovely.
6. I got to spend 7--seven7fiveplustwo=seven--whole hours with my husband yesterday! We celebrated by going to Cold Stone. I had peanut butter ice cream with graham cracker crust and chocolate shavings. Perfection.
7. Tomorrow I hit the road for Los Angeles. A whole week of staying in a nice hotel (although it is two blocks from "skid row" as they frequently remind us), attending theater conferences, going to plays, shopping, and having fun. Wahoo! I am excited, although sad to leave Robert behind for so long. Don't worry, I'll get some LA gifts :-)
Well all, have a lovely week. I know I will in sunny California. Lots of stories and pictures to report with next week!