-->

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Act 2; Scene 30: Look What I Just Made!

I just want to take a little moment to brag about something I just did in an effort to:
  1. Make a good/different home made meal
  2. Find a creative way to use all of the celery we got in our Bountiful Basket
  3. EAT HEALTHY!!!!!!
Speaking of this last one--#3--it has been constantly on my mind lately. Probably because there is a baby inside of me that I am trying to give a healthy start to life. Also because the only thing that baby seems to want me to eat is fried food or cake. Also because I have been feeling just so fat lately!

So we ordered a Bountiful Basket overflowing with fruits and veggies (and each time is a surprise--makes it fun to find things to do with what you get in your basket). In that basket was lots of celery. So this is what I just made for dinner tonight:
Find recipe here
A celery apple salad! Complete with celery leaves and everything! Also includes cabbage, carrots, and walnuts with a home made lemon/dijon/honey/olive oil vinaigrette. Delicious, right? Healthy, right?

I am very proud of this salad. It is fresh and home made and delicious-looking. I hope it tastes as good as it smells. Mmmm, lemon!


And then to celebrate the success, I snacked on a cookie.


...


Hey, at least I went to the gym this morning. That counts for something, right?
Happy healthy eating, all :-)

1 comment:

  1. yes, the salad looks and sounds great but that picture of you is stealing the show. super cute!

    ReplyDelete