-->

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Act 4; Scene 8: Some More Halloween Fun

This year, I wanted to try caramel apple "pumpkins," found here.

Here is how mine turned out:


Pretty cute, I think! I had some leftover chocolate cookie crumbles mixed with green-dyed coconut from the pumpkin patch cake, so I rolled the bottom in that and added some to the bottom of the baggy to make it look like a pumpkin patch.

My lucky visiting teachees. 

And! BIG NEWS! For the past three years, I have been trying to start a tradition in our neighborhood (wherever that happened to be) that was my favorite growing up. You've Been Spooked! Leave a treat at a neighbors door anonymously, and they do the same for some more neighbors. I have been rather discouraged, because it hasn't "taken," if you will, in all of my attempts. But! I tried again this year. I was worried that it might not have "taken" here either, because after a week and a half, I still saw the signs on only the doors that I spooked. But lo and behold, what came to our door the night before we left for DC?

Yes--you are right! WE were spooked!

I was so excited. It literally made my night!

Now we get to spook again....!

And last, but not least, another hint for our family Halloween costumes:

We are a very eccentric music group.

Happy Haunting!

1 comment: