-->

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Act 1; Scene 5: Sugar Cookies and Snow Flakes

Today was a splendid day. The day of wonderful, beautiful, much needed rest. During rest of the sleeping kind, I was awakened by a neighbor wondering if I had any cookie cutters. That reminded me of the tub of 100 cutters given to me by my dear friend Lisa. Boy, do I have cookie cutters! My neighbor and I proceeded to go through all of the cutters; holiday shapes and dogs and their bones and dinosaurs and ducks and trucks and cars--and letters. Letters! The entire alphabet, my friends. For some reason, this idea really caught my fancy. I decided that I would try (another first for me) my hand at sugar cookies and take letters for my niece and nephew to spell their names, and any other words they chose. I think I was more excited about the letter cookies than anyone :-). When we got to the Center's, we found a snowflake workshop in progress. Angie made me a beautiful 3-D snowflake. And another surprise--Robert LOVES making snowflakes. Joe and Robert and Angie proceeded in making all types of lovely cut snowflakes out of paper while I spelled works with my letter cookies. All in all, a very pleasant way to spend a rainy winter day.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful Snowflakes and beautiful cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do love making snowflakes in our family. Our grandpa used to make the most amazing snowflakes -- sometimes even with pictures in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming over. The kids actually fell asleep almost quickly last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the 3-d snowflakes are lovely!

    ReplyDelete