-->

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Act 3; Scene 9: The First Halloween Meal of the Season

Last night, as I begged and pleaded for Robert to hang up my pumpkin and eyeball lights in the window, and rejoiced over pumpkin doughnut coupons from Krispy Kreme, pumpkin pie milkshake coupons from Arctic Circle, and Halloween craft coupons from Michael's, Robert told me that I was crazy.

So I decided to enjoy the first Halloween meal of the season all by my crazy self.

Lunch!

And here it is:




Halloween tortilla chips with (mostly) homemade chunky salsa, along with some harvest cookies, which turned out to be AMAZING. I was intrigued when I saw the ingredients for these autumn cookies, and wanted to try them. They are delicious, and sweeter than I would have thought. And even a little bit healthy. 

If you want to try them out, here is the recipe:

2/3 cup butter
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup self rising flour (or add 1 tsp baking powder and half teaspoon salt to complete the 3/4 cup of flour)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1-1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped pecans (this is A LOT. You could probably back off here)
1/2 cup raisins (and you could probably add some more here)

I didn't have ground cloves, so I just shook in some pumpkin pie spice. Just cream the butter and sugar, then beat in the egg and vanilla. Then beat in the flour mixture. After that, mix in the remaining ingredients and cook on 375 for about 12-14 minutes or until browned. Surprisingly delicious!

AND promised hint for our Halloween costumes:

We will all be wearing mostly browns.

Happy baking! And happy guessing!



No comments:

Post a Comment